xenophobia

Expressions of superman. To write things i havent thought will happen in his life. Bleed and cry. Disappointed and neglected. Rejoice and celebrate. let me put it all in words though i think im not really good at it. WELCOME!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

FORTUITOUS EVENTS

January 30.
A message was sent to me by a friend >when it rains, it pours<>
It was just after marketing subject when i decided to see vanna and got ot UST. We made an agreemant to meet inside their campus at 3pm. I texted her telling im coming any time now. While i was heading to quiapo, Charm, my sister called up asking if i can get her report thingy in her friend's house near LRT buendia. I told her im going to meet vanna in UST and ill be late if i go their first. But shes so eager to win in this unpolite-asked-favor talk so i pulled the stirring wheel in another direction. Going to taft.

It was just after the conversation with my sister ended my phone rang again. Looking at the screen of it, it was a new number. Curiously I answered the phone and got speechless the moment i recognized the owner of the voice next in line.
It was my dad.
I stopped the car in front of starbucks in tft.
"Macky, im coming home. Nasa airport kami ng ninong mo.." he said.
"Huh?.. ok, But im busy dad, cant be there. Ingat na lang po" i politely said and cut it off. DAMN.

I stared at my phone. Thinking what will happen now. He's back and im not yet ready to face him. To be with him again. I dont know how to act when he's near. A text message rom vanna interrupted my unclear thinking. I was about to reply when suddenl;y my mom call. Brad, the youngest, collapsed in school and rushed to the hospital. My whole self become so weak and found my fingers pressing the keypad of my phone. "Uwi ka na. . ." was the message i typed and sent to vanna. And she replied madly. The rest of our text conversation was too gory to discuss.

What will i do in this hurly-burly situation? I asked myself.
Will i go to UST where my vanna is waiting?
To the airport where my dad is? Or to the hospital where my lil bro is?
I chose the latter one.
I reached the hospital still texting vanna who is VERY mad at me.Room 098. Brad is alright with some apparatus attached to his body. I felt something. Guilt. I texted vanna saying how sorry i am but it was no help.
The most painful words i received inthis life came from her that gave me the purest of pain. I decided to call her up to explain but i got tongue-tied the second i heard her furious voice. It was a major blow. Just a couple of seconds i hung up. Shoulder down with a heavy heart i went to my mom asking consent to move in Katipunan. (in my cousin's place). She confusely asked why and i honestly confessed the behind my unreasonable decision. We had a heart-to-heart talk inside the room occupied by brad.
After a quite some time, the door opened and saw my dad in flesh and blood who seems worried. And haggard too. As he entered the room, I kissed my mom goodbye and give my dad just a no andi went out.

Im driving along Quezon ave. where i bought special empanada or myself when i heard this song "one last cry" over the radio. A drop of the tear roll on my cheek. The girl named vanna is who im thinking of. My right hand reached my cp to view her pic then i pulled the brakes.
I looked at bthe girl who hates me so much. I looked at a dream I will never had. A prayer that God will never hear. I took a deep breath and stepped on the gasoline and speed up. Now im curious, how did i get home safe despite of being harumscarum that time.
Then i recall: When it rains, it really pours

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home