xenophobia

Expressions of superman. To write things i havent thought will happen in his life. Bleed and cry. Disappointed and neglected. Rejoice and celebrate. let me put it all in words though i think im not really good at it. WELCOME!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Vanna makes Superman so damn happy

I was taking long, breathless strides on the corridor, chasing time as i realized the meeting of all dean's lister in accountancy started 3 minutes ago. I was so determined to get there, when a familiar voice caught my attention from afar.

A girl.
Chinese.
Thin.
Typical.

It was Alyssa - and some girls who are also DL.
We exchanged greetings then i asked
"Mala-late na ako. Are you not worried? Dulo pa tayo."

"Ma-late? 8:30 pa meeting natin ,no..." she laughed.

I was dumbstruck. It was only 7:35 on my watch.

"No wonder you walk so fast." she added and they went on.


(when Vanna got mad at me, im a mess)








Seconds later, I heard Dennis (my seatmate in Law) calling my name as he was walking towards me.
"Mark talaga ang aga-aga nambababae na naman" he teased me.

" oh, those were just friends" i replied.

"Friends...?" He looked at the girls to see if he could spot Vanna. He had seen her before, i suppose, as a wallpaper in my phone. NONE.

"My date ka siguro ngayon. Sige mauna na ako. Kailangan na ako dun sa booth namin. By the way, you look different pare. Very happy. " he said and tapped my shoulder and we parted ways.

As i looked at him walking away from me, i whipered "kung alam mo lang how happy i am".

I saw an empty kiosk and sat there as i got my hanky inside my pocket and wiped my frontalis which was sweaty. Watching people going back and forth busy for the fair makes me smile. Then i started to recall what happend last night and this early, very early, morning.

I feel i dont want to celebrate my bday but my mom insisted to have a diiner with the family and some close friends. Its just really simple dinner, i expected.

Before the feat begun, i was surprised to see a 3-layered cake on top of the table. Indira lit the two 20-shaped candles ang they started to sing the traditional bday hymn.
I was like: "huh? why do this?"
But theres no time for asking now.
The bday hymn was already through so, as what we always do when we were young, i closed my eyes and made 3 wishes then blew the candles.

Funny but 1 of my 3 wishes came true within 24hrs.

I summoned all my courage to make a call for vanna. Her phone was ringing but no one was answering. Shes still mad, i told myself. Out of despair, i change the sim of my phone to smart.

When the clock strikes at 10pm i decided to put back my globe sim. As i opened it, got 2 msges from vanna. Uh-uh.That makes me stiffed a bit, hear my heartbeat boom-boom!
She texted me "hapi birthday!"

She knows?

I mean, she knows!
She knows its my birthday.
And i was stupefied. My fingers rattled to reply, my ever-complicted mind cant function properly, its like my soul left my human body to fly high in cloud nine.
>>corny theyll say but thats the emotions i had last night which makes me up all night. Thinking in one person alone.

Vanna Marie

3am in the dead morning i climbed up to the rooftop where the busy city is overlooking. I held my breath before i shouted
"YES! Hoooooo!YES!"
I gone wild, yes i did. Cant contain the explosion on my emotions. SOBRANG SAYA KO.

It doesnt end there folks. My ever-expensive attention was caught by a silly idea. I went rushly inside my room looking for my Eheads collection but i found none. I left it in Katipunan. Damn.
I decide to call up my friend, a dj in radio station, asked him a favor to play "with a smile" . He didnt disaapoint me. They played it not just once but thrice!

I called her several times but to no avail.
Texted her.
Calling her again.
I was about ot give up when she texted me

"An2k pa k0... :'c Hapi valentnes"

I feel like my heart is falling out of my ribs.

This too much!
Too much happiness, too much joy!
I cant put my feeling into words this time.
It superb! --->flying without wings!

I called her again and this time she answered it but i wasnt able to hear her voice.
I put my phone near the speaker but the it created feedback that was very irritating.

I never dreamt myself to be in this state... BADUY, CORNY, SILLY, MESS

This is the very first time to do bizarre things like this.

I know myself.
Im proper, in order,busy-focused student, serious, and i can say resposible type of.
I do things according to my plans. Evrything is black and white.
But since vanna came into my life, most of the things changed. She put colors-rainbow. She tarnished the seriousness and the busy guy residing in me. I learned to be laugh with my phone alone (praning), become crazy and wacky that makes people smile.

I was still smiling of those thoughts when i heard the message alert tone of my phone.

It was Vic- a good friend and a DL also.
I totally forgot the meeting, its 8:04 in my watch.
I stood up - with smile on my lips and my eyes, they smile too.
Thanks to him, i attended the meeting right on time.

This is Superman greeting you all a very HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

By the way, Vanna greeted me twice

5:02am - "An2k pa k0... :'c Hapi valentnes"

1:50pm- "Hapi valentnes dn p0."

Thats explain why i feel, act and think this way.

WHEN YOU LEARN TO LIKE AND LOVE A GIRL MUCH DEEPER THAN HER LOOKS, ITS A BIT DANGEROUS , AND HEADY... AND A BIT INSANE.

Im texting Vanna now... And I feel so special and worry-free despite that my prof warned me about my grade in English. But im confident i will survive. With vanna's attention and forgiveness, i will.

I LOVE YOU, SUPERVAN!


(my superVan.. simply amazing..smart)
Mwah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home